Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 8 - Personal Record

UIts one thing to have a goal (8 minute mile) but it's another to try to get there. Too often we just want it tomorrow. Is this just like wanting tone rich or righteous? Oh wait those two probably don't go together very often...

The short of it is that I got sick. Down with a sore throat and I was resting the whole weekend. When I say resting I actually meant sleeping 8 hours instead of the usually 6, plus taking the kids to here and that. The only thing was trying to do less work than usual.

Today I felt better, the coughing stage. So  I decided to no let this whole 6 month mission get into the trash can. And you know this blog thing helps. Even though no one in their right mind would read this right? But it's something else I can care about ie you not having anything about the pain I am having training to read about.

Anyhow a good day and I was doing well the first mile and decided to continue. I was almost there at 8 minute mile buti did take one break after one mile and so it's 8.5 minute mile. And there's something to strive for for couple more days. Otherwise I am not sure if I am ready for 7 min mile yet.

Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment