Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 31 - We are back!

I can't believe it, the little virus thing I got was far greater than I first thought. On Day 8, I blogged to running a record and very close towards my 8 minute mile goal. But as luck would have it the germs got me in a big way.

First off it was fine in terms of the usual site throat, running nose and coughing which in total lasted just over a week. Compared to expert reports that average cold lasts 18 days, I thought I was lucky. But sadly just as I thought I am well, I started having something that I now know it as "Pulsatile Tinnitus". 

The cause if this can range from ear infection to ear wax, all the way to upcoming strokes, brain tumor, or upcoming heart attack. This was quite scary as I literally start making plans to settle my life after I pass.

The goodness of it all is undoubtedly the fact that what was importance on earth is bit so important anymore if you know you are going to die tomorrow.

Google can be a blessing or a curse and in this episode it was more of a curse knowing the disorder affects about 3% of Tinnutis sufferer and also it's usually vascular. And so I was prepared to either have a stroke soon or I'd be in surgery room.

The constant noise of hearing your heartbeat 72 times a minute was annoying and it will be paralyzing in the future. It will cause a lot of heartache. But it got compounded by this being one of the possible symptoms for more serious issues.

But anyhow we went through GP, Chiro , ENT with antibiotics for more than 10 days and the condition still persist. Ism convinced that it isn't going away any time soon.

Be it as it may, I will continue to exercise because not only is it good for me, but it will also provide enough noises so that I don't hear myself

I am been running 3 days in a row now at 2-3.5 miles each. So this will at least be a catalyst for something that may turn into a healthier habit, even if the Tinnutis gets worse.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment